SLAM POEM (B)

SLAM POEM (B)

Nima Dini 

 

Sarah Kay's "B" is about the relationship a mother and daughter share. She is talking about wanting her potential daughter to refer to her as a reference point rather than a mom. Sarah is expressing about being more than just some ordinary parent, but rather being a guidance tool in the part of her daughter's journey through time. The key point that Sarah wants to imprint into the mind of her daughter is to refer to her in need - "And when they finally hand you a heartache,when they slip war and hatred under your door and offer you handouts on street corners of cynicism and defeat, you tell them that they really ought to meet your mother".  

 

To me, I don't see this poem for it's true meaning. I mainly see it as a strong relationship equals success and prosperity. But one thing that stood out in the poem was her empowering tone when she delivered the poem. Her flow, boldness, and emphasis made me truly believe her words. This is one of those poems I feel that could be joyful for others. That's not a thing I say ever. But from the different things I took away, I feel it would be best for others to view it and take away their own things from this too. 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Ks1ceHkus 

 

Sarah Kay performs " B " - YouTube 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canadian UFC fighter seeks war with Korean Superboy

SONG REFLECTION (Juicy)