SONG REFLECTION (Juicy)

 

SONG REFLECTION (JUICY)

Nima Dini  

 

"Juicy" by the Notorious BIG is a rap that covers his rags to riches, whilst trying to uplift others to not give up in life even at its lowest points. He starts off by describing his rough origins/habits beginnings in Brooklyn, NYC, in which he had to sell narcotics in order to make money to feed his daughter. We also get a brief overview of a broke, cheap lifestyle which saw Biggie "eat sardines for dinner". But then Biggie highlights his switch up in behaviour, and thus his his change in lifestyle (though still humble as he represents his poor origins even with tons of fame - "Call the crib, same number, same hood, it's all good"). A good quote that sums up Biggie's journey: "I made a change from a common thief, to up close and personal with Robin Leach ". 

 

I find this song to motivate me whenever I need that final push. Hearing the struggles that Biggie had overcome to become an icon makes whatever little obstacle that I have to conquer so much easier. As for the lyrics, I enjoy the many references this song points out to. An example being when I found out that Robin Leach was a British T.V broadcaster who lived an extravagant lifestyle. I most likely would've never learn that, or about the culture of Brooklyn, or Rappin Duke (a late tribute to Hollywood star John Wayne), or the Sega Genesis. To sum it up, this for me was an uplifting song with a good catchy flow that allowed me to dive into the archives of the past. 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JZom_gVfuw  

Biggie never wanted to record 'Juicy'. - 15 Things You Need To Know  About... - Capital XTRA 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SLAM POEM (B)

Canadian UFC fighter seeks war with Korean Superboy